Day Six really began on Day Five because this was a little involved. I have decided that this is a-o-k with me, and we can make up our rules as we like.
I was inspired by someone's fascinating collection of books last month and had a hankering that seemed like a good fit for this month. Now to find a book. Who knew it would be this one which was in the clearance of Half Price Books. They had a lot of good books in that clearance rack, all for $2-$3. Don't hate me for what you are about to see. My 10+ years of bookbinding study make up for it. Really. Ask my teacher. I didn't *just* drink tea and talk.
 |
| I thought Hunca Munca needed a gift for Valentine's Day! She has been so much friendlier since we have spent more time in the art room. |
 |
| Who doesn't love reptiles?! We have another copy of this in our bookshelves. |
 |
| Be Mine Hunca Munca! I brought you your favorite!!! It's a great assortment and difficult to obtain. |
 |
| Crocodiles, turtles, frilled lizards, snakes, chameleons, and more. Oh my! Those tails sure look a lot like strings.... |
 |
| Can you see her level of attention? She is happy with her gift. Every time I open the book she gets all interested and excited. |
 |
| But which to choose first? I know what kitties like best... |
 |
| Delicious jelly chameleons!!!! They swing and drop so nicely. Especially if you loosen them up by swinging them and dropping them a lot (and I mean a lot!). |
 |
| Time to get it again. |
Truth be told, I have a few additional plans for this but it seemed like a viable project and I feel it makes a good showing for Day Six. Later it may return with a few additions to make it more awesome.
Now for some crazy behind the scenes shots and general art room antics:
 |
| The true love helped make a mobile to hang hearts off of using branches discovered on Day Five. Of course he also did much of the heart cutting for which I am grateful. I did enough to know it would hurt my already hurt finger. Luckily Dr. Jim just fixed it up for me. We (me, actually) came up with the ingenious idea to hang things off of tension rods rather than putting screws into the walls. The art room lighting is much improved and there are sticks too! At the hardware store, while buying the tension rods, some pegboard, and other random goods, we may or may not have also obtained a dremel tool. We aren't exactly saying yet. |
 |
| I need to take a better shot of the dupioni silk interior. Can you say Berkeley Morris vest fabric??? Ciao. And could someone just follow us in the margin just to make me feel good!? I will be doing some giveaways and you can only ask for the goods if I can see you somewhere like a comment or as a follower. |
I love this latest idea! Cutting holes in books, how creative. Hunca Munca looks truly appreciative.
ReplyDeleteI love the book cutout! ANd especially the innards. I'm with Hunca Munca. The jelly chameleon is my fav too.
ReplyDeleteHunca Munca has a close eye for detail, but where is Zazu? Not the arty type?
ReplyDelete